One Hour Focaccia Bread
I have to admit I haven't made this savory focaccia bread recipe yet but it's "on deck" for my next new recipe to try. If you make it, do let us know in the comments below. Recipe author Kelly Simmons promises you won't buy store bought focaccia again :)
To access the original Chef Savvy recipe CLICK HERE.
- 3/4 cup warm water I heat mine to about 90 degrees
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
For Serving, if desired
- olive oil for drizzling if desired
- sea salt for topping if desired
- extra parmesan cheese for topping if desired
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease a cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, set aside.
2. Add the water, sugar, and yeast to the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough attachment. Stir to combine. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes or until it becomes foamy.
3. Add in flour, salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix until the dough begins to pull away from the sides and forms a sticky ball. If it is not pulling from the sides add a bit more flour (a tablespoon at a time).
4. Lightly flour your hands and form the dough into a ball. Place in the skillet and spread to cover the entire skillet.
5. Turn off the oven and place the skillet in the oven for 20 minutes to rise. Remove the skillet from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
6. Meanwhile combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Parmesan, garlic powder and rosemary.
7. Brush the mixture on top of the bread. Using your fingertips make indents over the top of the dough.
8. Place back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt, and parmesan cheese for topping, if desired.
Kelly Simmons adapted this recipe from Flavor the Moments
Leave a comment