Hammertown’s Approachable Design Services
Getting design help can feel intimidating! It’s hard to know where to start and easy for your mind to spiral to a place that has you screaming, “everything needs to change!”. Take a deep breath and let us soothe you with our easy peasy lemon squeezy Approachable Design Services.
• We have been in business for more than 30 years
• Joan, the owner and master buyer/curator/heart of the company has published two books with Rizzoli
• Featured in Vogue Magazine, House Beautiful, Vanity Fair, This Old House
• Voted Best Design Store in the Hudson Valley by Hudson Valley Magazine
For starts, come into one of our stores.
There you will find inspiration, as Hammertown’s “Modern Country” décor philosophy covers taste far and wide. Come visit, get inspired, and we’ll help meet your needs.
Need a little more than an in-store conversation?
If you’re within 25 minutes we can come to your house for a two-hour consultation for a fee of $350 ($150/hr if you need additional time during this initial visit). We will match you to one of the design specialists we work with and they will get to the nitty gritty of what you and your home needs. They can help you with:
• Furniture Arrangement: Proper furniture arrangement can completely change the feel and the function of a room. If you want the old to feel new again or want to know where and how to incorporate new pieces, this can be a huge help.
• Picking New Pieces: Do you need a new sofa, or new lighting, or something but you aren’t quite sure what? We can offer guidance and brainstorming power to try and find the right pieces for you and your space. Whether it be a furniture piece or rugs we have in-stock at our store/warehouse, or something we could custom order from one of our vendors, or something we need to research and find for you--we have your back.
• Color Palette Consultation: We can help guide you to a color that will be the perfect canvas from which to build. Farrow and Ball Paints from England are our favorites, and we sell the sample pots in-store so you can test drive them before ordering. Full of rich pigment and a wide-range of colors, they are the perfect anchor for a room.
• Accessorizing: Rooms need to have accessories and special finishing touches to make them feel complete. We can offer suggestions and options which will help you create something personal and comfortable, really pulling the room together.
REQUEST A DESIGN APPOINTMENT
Thank you for your interest in Hammertown Design. We provide an array of services and hope that we will fit your needs. Please provide the following information, along with a brief description about what you are looking for.
Testimonials From Happy Hammertown Design Clients
Rhonda was so very helpful in putting together a fresh, new look in our living room. She succeeded in making inspired suggestions that were inexpensive and easy to implement. I appreciated that she really ‘got’ our values and lifestyle, and worked within our budget to accomplish a very pleasing change to a formally haphazard look. Everyone who enters our living room now admires it, and we are finally able to proudly host guests! I look forward to having her work with us on other redesign projects, and I would recommend her without reservations to anyone who needs a bit of magic for their house interior. I bet she would be great with staging houses for re-sale as well.
Wanda is the dream design consultant. She has impeccable taste, a fantastic attitude, excellent follow through. After struggling with paint colors for several rooms for months, Wanda made spectacular recommendations after one thoughtful session. She also happily tackled small projects around my house that had enormous positive effects--for example, transforming my kitchen by replacing the back splash. I feel tremendously lucky that Joan introduced us!former Editor-in-Chief, Food and Wine
My family and I had an overwhelmingly positive experience working with Wanda Furman on multiple design projects at our weekend home in Dutchess County and cannot sing her praises loudly enough! Not only did she effortlessly rearrange our existing furniture to better suit our space, but she also was an invaluable source of ideas for what additional items we needed to add and where to source them. Her relationships with people from the community were tremendously helpful and Wanda worked closely with local painters, artists, and carpenters on several home improvement projects, including the replacement of our cookie-cutter mantle with a large reclaimed wooden beam, and on several custom-built pieces of furniture, including a bench, headboard, and zinc-wrapped sideboard.
In addition to furniture advice and styling, Wanda also assisted us with paint colors, rugs, lighting and even where to hang art to best suit our house and again referred us to local electricians and painters to do the work, often under her supervision. Finally, Wanda oversaw the renovation of our large porch from a dark and uninviting space to a gorgeous screened-in extension of our home that we enjoy three seasons per year. She worked closely with the carpenter who did all of the manual labor associated with the renovation, and suggested paint colors, furniture and a layout for the space.
On a personal note, Wanda is a pleasure to work and spend time with -- warm, laid back, and extremely trust worthy. I admire and covet her style and cannot recommend her services and advice highly enough!Stanfordville, NY
One way to “Love Where You Live” is to love your decorating team. Dana totally pulled together my New York City apartment using some of my current treasures and adding what I needed in a practical and collaborative way. She is a genius with color and styling. She is clear, calm, and fun to be with. So much so, that she is now working with me in Connecticut. The back up from Joan and the Hammertown team makes the job simple and seamless.
Chairs and sofa arrived. Superb work. You are terrific, Wanda! Every choice you have helped me with, every craftsman you have recommended has been tops. Thank you so much. Now on to other projects!
As soon as I walk into Hammertown Rhinebeck, I feel welcomed by all - Rhonda sets the tone of this store and always has time to say hello - even during the busiest holiday hours! She was and still is a tremendous help in decorating our newly purchased home near Rhinebeck - she always has an eye out for pieces that she thinks I would like and willingly and happily comes by to drop off pieces to our home to see how they look and feel.
I seldom do any decorating without her advice and she's always available with suggestions of furniture, artwork and even books and craftspeople! I can't imagine a decorating project without her!
Hammertown is my go to store for furnishing my home. However, that is only half the equation. Rhonda Cayea my trusted adviser, makes it all happen. Her sense of style, creativity and "can do" attitude enables me to find the perfect everything. Ever resourceful with solutions for "how to", she made sure my new couch found it's rightful place...Rhonda epitomizes the gold standard of customer service!
Ready to get started?