Tik Tok Pasta with Feta & Tomatoes
Last week my spouse told me about a new recipe she had heard about from a client. Apparently, it's all the rage on social media and "everyone's making it". Aside from boiling the pasta it's a one-pan dish. So, we thought why not give it a try. We did and I have to say it was delicious. It's one of those base recipes you can start with and then make it your own with additions of other/more veggies or pancetta. Just google it and you'll see hundreds of variations.
Here's the recipe we used.
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed (optional)
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8-oz.) block feta
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 10 oz. pasta (we used farfalle)
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large ovenproof skillet or medium baking dish, combine tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and most of the olive oil. Season with salt and red pepper flakes and toss to combine.
- Place feta into center of tomato mixture and drizzle top with remaining olive oil. Scatter thyme over tomatoes. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet with tomatoes and feta, add reserved pasta water, and lemon zest (if using) to skillet and stir until completely combined. Garnish with basil before serving.